Body pain is something common these days. Musculoskeletal Pain refers to pain in body muscles and entire or different parts of the skeleton together. Often, it is caused by an injury to bones, joints, muscles, ligaments, tendons, or nerves. And these injuries are often caused by slip and falls, car accidents, jerking movements, fractures, dislocations, sprains, and direct blows to the muscle.
Musculoskeletal pain is either localized in one particular area of our body or may spread widely throughout the body. Though minor is a patient’s pain, it is highly important to get treatment from an experienced doctor as soon as possible. Ignoring the pain or doing delay may cause further problem or result in chronic nature.
It is diagnosed through physical examination and medical history. Furthermore, your doctor may conduct different medical tests and other diagnostic studies to confirm the diagnosis.
In the following paragraphs I have briefly described the basics to deal with your musculoskeletal pain:
- Take medication: Taking anti-inflammatory painkiller medication and injections with anesthetic in or around the painful sites patient’s body as prescribed by your doctor.
- Physical exercise: Daily morning jogging and other simple stretching exercises will improve flexibility of your body joints, and strength of your body muscles.
- Physical therapy (PT): PT or physiotherapy is an alternative form of medicine and rehabilitation specialty that fixes and remediates impairments and improves mobility, function, and quality of life. The procedure involves examination, diagnosis, prognosis, and therapy using physical force and movement.
- Acupuncture: It is another form of alterative Chinese medicine in which fine needles or pins are inserted in the specific area of bodies where pain is being experienced.
- Therapeutic massage: give gentle touch and rubbing on painful muscles and joints will give warmth to the area and reduce inflammation as well as pain is alleviated.
By adopting healthy habits, doing daily exercise, taking medication, and getting physical therapy, acupuncture, and therapeutic massage from experienced therapist of its respective fields will improve joints flexibility and muscle strength and thereby alleviate Musculoskeletal Pain. If you or any one of your loved one is suffering from any type of body pain, you should immediately get professional consultation from Dr Zaki Anwar by placing consultation at (815) 464-7212 for expert diagnosis and successful results. He is a pain management expert who has been dealing with various sorts of temporary and chronic pains for the past several years. We will respond you within 24 hours.