Neck pain is a very common problem affecting almost 10 percent of the adult population at any point in time. Ranging from a dull ache to an electric-shock type of sensation, it makes a person unable to perform tasks with the same active attitude as before. You become frustrated and even the small routinely chores become a hard task for you thereby demanding a longer period to complete.
The signs predicting that you are going through a neck pain causes include:
- Muscle Spasm-a sudden contraction in muscles. You may be unable to move your neck and feel sever pain and stiffness.
- Muscle ache-the neck muscles become sore and have trigger points that are difficult to touch.
- Stiffness –the neck muscles become tighter and you feel almost impossible to move your head in left or right direction.
- Nerve pain-you may feel a sensation of tingling, pins or needles that may prevail in arms and sometimes in the legs.
- Headaches-these are common with neck problems. When you become fed up tolerating the neck pain, it moves up towards your head.
- Reduced range of motion-it is advised that you visit a doctor if you feel your motion limited and you are unable to move your head/neck in any direction.
Neck Pain Causes that lead to:
- Muscle Strain
- Degenerative disc disease
- Herniated disc
- Cervical Spondylosis
- Cervical Spinal canal stenosis
By following the aforementioned symptoms and the causes that resulted in a neck pain, you must pay a visit to our physician/doctor for a proper tests and diagnosis procedure.