As its name suggests, musculoskeletal pain deals with muscles and the skeleton together. It is usually caused by an injury to bones, joints, muscles, tendons, ligaments, or nerves. And these injuries most probably are the cause of jerking movements, car accidents, falls, fractures, sprains, dislocations, and direct blows to the muscle.
This type of pain is either localized in one area or spreads widely throughout the body.
The most common Musculoskeletal Pain Causes and signs include:
- Pain that worsens with movement
- Feeling aching and stiffness in the entire body
- Feeling that your muscles have been pulled or overworked
- Sleep disturbances
- Twitching muscles
- The sensation of burning in muscles.
Soft tissue or musculoskeletal injuries are mostly caused by motor vehicle accidents. And such injuries are caused by a number of factors such as
- A front end impact affects the flexion/extension mechanism.
- A rear end impact affects the flexion/extension mechanism (whiplash) &
- A side impact affects the lateral flexion mechanism.
Some of the Musculoskeletal Injuries in a motor vehicle accident include:
- Hands and arms
- Fractured Pelvis and Hip
The Doctors diagnose Musculoskeletal Pain by performing some tests such as, blood test. X-ray, CT-scans or an MRI.