The hip joint is considered to be the most stable joint of your body. It bears the weight of your whole body more than the most other joints.
Hip Pain Causes
In young age, it takes pretty powerful force to hurt the hip. Still, the following can cause hip injuries:
- Playing Sports
The role of hip joint for your body’s mobility is crucial. This is why, injuries sustained on this joint can be pretty serious. Here are a few conditions that can lead to a painful hip:
- Bursitis: It is the inflammation of bursa, your hip joint leading to considerable amount of pain.
- Hip dislocation: This common hip injury occurs when your femur comes out of the pelvic bone’s socket.
- Hip fracture: This is a common injury sustained in in falls and auto accidents.
- Hip pointer: Same as fracture, hip pointer can also develop from falls.
- Hip strain: Excess pressure or repetitive stress can result in strained hip.
- Osteoarthritis: Too much stress or repetitive hip motion especially at work can cause or aggravate osteoarthritis.
- Labral Tears: Running, slipping, twisting as well as abnormal shape of the femoral head, labrum or acetabulum can cause torn labrums.
Depending on the age of patient and the extent of the hip condition, hip disorders may be treated with help of:
- Physical Therapy
- Surgery Such As Hip Replacement