Pain or inflammation and discomfort arising from any part of a joint including cartilage, bone, ligaments, tendons or muscles is referred as joint pain. Variety of things can contribute to joint pain causes, some common causes will be discussed below.
Causes of joint pain:
Causes may include;
- Bursitis; inflammation of the cushioning pads around joints called as bursae caused by an injury. It results in pain, swelling, and redness of affected area.
- Lupus; chronic autoimmune disease. This joint pain cause results in inflammation throughout your body. It affects various organ and tissues including kidneys, brain, lungs, joint and skin.
- Gout; is a general term used for a variety of conditions caused by a buildup of uric acid. This joint pain cause will eventually leave you with pain or swelling in the foot.
- Certain infectious diseases, such as mumps, influenza, and hepatitis can also count as joint pain
- Chondromalacia of the patella, or a breakdown of the cartilage in your kneecap.
- Any injury like fall or accident can be the joint pain causes and will give you serious joint problems.
- Tendinitis or inflammation of the tendons. Tendons are thick cord that joins your muscle to the bones. When tendons become inflamed it causes acute pain and tenderness.
- An infection of the bone or joint can also causes joint pain.
- Overuse of a particular joint causes that joint to swell or pain.
- Fibromyalgia; it is a chronic condition causes pain in the muscles and bones, sleep and cognitive disturbances or fatigue.
- Osteoporosis; is one of the most common joint pain causes. It occurs in people of any age but common in older people. Osteoporosis increases size of spaces present in healthy bones causing the bone to lose their density and strength.
- Sarcoidosis; is an inflammatory disorder in which inflammatory cells forms in different organs of body. It causes joint pain and in addition weight loss, fever, and fatigue.
- Rickets; lack of vitamin D, calcium, or phosphate causes rickets. These nutrients are important for healthy or strong bones and the deficiency of these nutrients is one of the major joint pain
- Paget’s disease of bone; it interferes with your body’s normal recycling process in which new bone tissue gradually replaces old bone tissue. The disease with time can cause affected bones to become fragile and misshapen.
- Polymyalgia rheumatica; inflammatory disorder causes pain and stiffness especially in shoulders.
- Sprains; stretching or tearing of ligaments that connect two bones together in your joints. This type of joint pain cause commonly affects ankle.
Zaki Anwar MD is an Anesthesiologist and Interventional Pain Management Specialist. He has great expertise for the diagnosis and treatment of back pain, headaches, migraines, neck pain, sciatica pain and various pain conditions. His center has offering various treatment options including stem cell therapy, amniotic fluid injection and much more.
For further queries call on 815.412.6166