Back pain, as a result of some accident or due to some other spine injury is often faced by many. Opting for various medications when they don’t relief, there is nothing left other than getting depressed and resting to alleviate the pain. On the other hand, to treat this chronic condition Racz Epidural Neurolysis procedure consisting of a series of injections is preferred for the treatment of back pain.
Opting for this treatment, you will not have to go for any spinal surgery as the injection that would be given to back pain suffering patients will provide them a faster relief and it will serve as a long term relaxation from chronic back pain and sciatica pain. For your understanding let’s explore how this process is carried and will get you rid of the acute back pain you have been facing since days.
The Process Goes As:
- With the help of local anaesthesia the process is started with the patient lying face down on the bed
- Into the epidural space a tube is taken in with the help of a probe
- Into this space, a combination of anti-inflammatory medication and anaesthesia is injected
- After this the patient’s pain is relieved to a greater extent with decrease in pain on the sciatic nerve as well as swelling.
- With the help of X-ray, the doctor is able to identify the exact location of the probe
- In case there is a requirement of dissolving other scar tissues, the injection is repeated after few months.
What Is The Overall Outcome Of The Process?
In many back related cases, the racz epidural neurolysis procedure is considered to be the best in treating many back related conditions. The effectiveness of the treatment is proved as even the physiotherapy and spinal surgery does not work for pain alleviation.
Performing the Injection
Through the place of the adhesions is the area, from which the catheter is passed, which is then mixed with steroid injection that helps break down the tissues and further help in relieving pain.
Am I A Candidate for the Treatment
In case you are the victim of any kind of chronic pain then you are right candidate for racz epidural neuorlysis treatment. Upset from an unsuccessful treatment of the back pain with no improvement at Choose the epidural process that will definitely serve as an option for pain relief.
If you or any of your loved one is suffering from some back pain or any other body pain, get a professional advice from Dr. Zaki Anwar by placing an appointment at (815) 464-7212). He is an expert anesthesiologist and certified Pain Management Specialist who has been practicing pain relief techniques for the past several years with effective results.